Friday, November 9

Day 9: The Beauty of the Earth

Today has been simply beautiful.

It was raining as I walked to my English class this morning. I walked with the hood of my coat on and my hands in my pockets, but I was loving the rain. I wish it would rain more here.
What I do in the rain when it's warm
I love rain so much! My backyard in New Hampshire
After class, it was raining harder. I brought Dalin to campus then headed to work. It wasn't long before it began to snow outside. The flakes were big and beautiful. Several hours later, as it continued to snow, the ground finally began to turn white.

We listened to cheerful Christmas music at work. Christmas music always puts me in a good mood. It looked like a Winter Wonderland outside by the time I left for my Spanish class.

When I finally got to see Dalin after a long day of missing him, it was dark outside and still snowing. The snow looked beautiful in the dim lighting. We stopped at the BYU Creamery and got some things for dinner and a few cans of food to add to our pretty meager food storage. We are dedicated to working on it. At home, Dalin made me some soup and then we used our new hot chocolate maker and shared the most perfect cups of french vanilla hot chocolate. We played more Christmas music and enjoyed the cozy atmosphere of our untidy home.

All in all, it was a wonderful, peaceful evening. I feel so blessed that I get to spend an eternity of them with my dear, dear husband. 

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."  ~George Washington Carver



"Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful." ~Osho
"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite." ~e.e. cummings

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!