Monday, November 5

Day Five: My Great Grandmother

My lovely great grandmother turned 97 today. 
I love her so incredibly much. 
She is a wonderful woman who still has a sense of humor even in the frailty of old age.
Although she is physically weak, she is mentally and spiritually strong. 
She is not yet a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, but I am certain that one day she will accept the gospel and become a Latter-day Saint. 
My Nana, Claudine Kane, has been apart from her husband for twenty-one years. 
If you ask me, that is far, far too long to be separated from one's beloved spouse. I cannot even fathom being away from Dalin for that long a time. For this reason, and as I see her suffering from bodily pain and weakness, I hope that she will soon pass from this life so she can be reunited with her loving husband--my great grandfather--and with her Savior.
I cannot wait to see her in the prime of her life--I know that I will see her again and I know she will be full of joy and life. 
I know that families are forever.
I am so comforted by this knowledge and wish that all could know the potential we have to spend an eternity of happiness with our loved ones.
The next time I see my great grandmother, I know she will have a smile on her face and be firmly holding the hand of her husband. I so look forward to seeing her at peace and in the prime of her life.
I am grateful to know that I can be with my family again and for all eternity.

I just love her so much

Who are you grateful for?
Do you believe that families are forever?

Who in your family do you look forward to seeing again someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!