Monday, November 12

Day 12: Christmas Music

I am grateful for Christmas and Holiday music. 

Yes, I am kind of crazy and like to listen to it year round, but that is just because it makes me so happy! It always puts me in a good mood. My favorite holiday songs are the classics by Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc. They just have the classiest voices. I wish all music was still like that...

When I listen to Christmas music, I feel warm and cozy. I imagine my home at Christmas and feel so much joy. I love when we have a cheerful fire burning and our fresh-smelling Christmas tree lit, and our stockings on the mantle, with lots of cute elfish decorations scattered around the house. I love getting Christmas cards with family pictures to hang. I always look forward to watching holiday specials on the Hallmark channel--as corny as they often are. I like that hymns and carols can be heard almost constantly. I love the smells of Christmas--pine, oranges, cinnamon, wrapping paper, wood, and balsam fir all mixed together. I love setting up the creche and imagining how the characters in the nativity would have looked and felt upon seeing their newborn Savior. 

Christmas music reminds me of all these things and more. So next time you hear some cheerful holiday music, try to remember what it represents and the emotions and memories associated with it. You might just realize that you love what it represents, too.

Thank you for Christmas music!!!!

Here is a link to a terrific holiday playlist!

Here is a link to MoTab Christmas carols and hymns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!