Wednesday, February 19

Homemade Facials & A Semi-Crisis


A few things. Thing number one, my blog is having an identity crisis. It's not me, it's my blog I swear. We simply can't agree on anything right now. Mainly appearance-wise. This font or that one? This color or that? There are just too many things. So if you either have a suggestion or see something you just love or hate, please comment and tell me! I love opinions. I am an opinion leach. That sounds disgusting. An opinion vampire. Let's just say I eat opinions for breakfast, then let them digest, and finally make my own decisions based on the ideas of others. 

Thing number two: I tried a homemade facial today. Honestly, it felt awesome but I can't indefinitely conclude that it did anything. I took photos just in case to record this momentous moment (seriously, it's like the third or fourth facial I've ever done) so you can see for yourself and decide if it did anything.

At any rate, I had fun doing it and it was really simple.

Needed: 
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. baking soda
It looked like this no matter how much I mixed it. Stinking honey. But it worked out fine. 
Before:
Don't forget to put you hair up! For real. 
During: (After you've plastered it all over your face)
It looks like a troll sneezed on my face
It did NOT taste good thanks to the baking soda
Side Profile
Pause a moment to check out this cutie while waiting for the facial to "soak in" ;)
After rinsing it off:
That's it, folks. I saw ones where you can substitute an avocado or egg yolk in, and while I happened to have both of those things on hand today, I wasn't in the mood for cracking an egg on my face (though admittedly, the honey and olive oil looked and felt pretty much the same as an egg). 

Happy day! 
signature
What do you think?
Did the facial do anything at all? 
Do you have a facial recipe that seems to help your skin? 
(Also, don't mind my lack of make-up. I didn't go out today so I was kind of like whatever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!