Sunday, October 13

Cleanliness = No More Excuses!

Nothing helps you get your house clean like having people over...so you can pretend it looks like that all the time instead of for five minutes. (This Pinterest e-card is so true.)
Anyway, as a result of this, I've gotten a surprising amount of things done in the last two days:

Our floor is vacuumed, the four trashes are emptied, the dishes are clean (I'm just waiting for them to dry so I can put them all away), the plants are watered, the laundry (and a LOT of it...) is washed, folded, and put away, my baby shower thank-you notes are written, the pantry is organized, the major surfaces are dusted, the couch blankets and pillows look nice, our bed is fairly well made (I sit on our bed a lot to feed Tenley and read and write in my journal though, so it's a little rumpled), the bathroom is decently clean, and most importantly, little Tenley is fed and taking a nap.

I'm feeling so relieved. I am not sure why feeling clean and organized makes me feel so comfortable and better able to relax but it does. The only problem I can think of is that I am out of excuses for why I can't work on my Independent Study class. Gulp. I hate it. Why did I select the English major again??? Oh yeah, because I love reading novels and Harry Potter and fiction. Not boring British literature from the 1500s...sigh...

Did you have second thoughts about your major from time to time??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!