Sunday, June 16

The Results of our Pottery Date

Well, if you read my blog every few days or so, you saw that Dalin brought me on an awesome date a couple of days ago. We each painted our own piece of pottery. Dalin chose to paint a mug, and I did a bowl. I promised to share pictures (unless mine came out terribly...) so that is the purpose of this post. The pieces were fired in the kiln and we were able to pick them up on Saturday! Here is how they turned out:
I love the inside of Dalin's mug...it looks way cooler in person




 We made the mug for Dalin's dad for Father's Day! Since we won't be able to see him soon enough and we don't want to risk mailing it, we are providing these pictures as a sneak peek!

Here is my bowl. It looks a little different than I'd expected, but overall I am pleased with how it turned out!

I painted the inside to look like sand.
In case you don't know, I'm pretty much obsessed with the ocean which is why I painted ocean waves washing up on a sandy shore. I am missing the coast a lot right now.

We don't know for sure, but we have a suspicion my mom (who is possibly more obsessed with the ocean than I am) might just want to take this bowl from us when she sees it. We'll see...but I think I would need a trade--like plane tickets to New Hampshire after our baby girl is born ;) 

What do you think of our artwork? Have you ever painted pottery before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!