Monday, June 17

33 Weeks Craving: Good Books!

I am in serious need of a new series or just a really great book that is hard to put down. I love reading. Quite a lot. So much so, that it is literally the reason I am studying English at BYU and the reason I want to be a book editor (so I can read all the time!!!!). I am not just craving a good book because I'm pregnant like the title implies, but I do want to get into some good books so I'll have some distractions when I'm dying of anticipation and boredom. 

The last book I read was Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I loved it. But I am thinking more specifically about something that is as good--or almost as good--as Harry Potter or The Hunger Games or Divergent. I love reading classics, but I haven't heard of any awesome modern books that I need to read. For your information, I like quite a variety of themes. I even liked The Host, surprisingly. Teen books, fiction, nonfiction, fantasy, mystery, books with a hint of romance--they're all acceptable.*


So please, friends, family, and anyone on the Internet, give me some good books to read!!!! 
(If it something you would put in your top ten or fifteen favorite books, I want to hear about it!)


Note: Dalin also loves reading and just finished a series called Mistborn, I believe. He claims it is "better than Harry Potter." As if...but has anyone else read this book or series? And please confirm that there is no way it is better than Harry Potter....

*That is, they are acceptable as long as they are clean. I don't like tons of swearing or any sexual content. Basically, if it is something you would be okay reading in front of a group...


What is your all-time favorite book? Or, if you have many like I do, what are your top five?

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't read any of the Rick Riordian- Percy Jackson, Lost Heroes or Kane Chronicles you should. I love them, being a 6th grade teacher I read what my kids read so I can look cool and we can chat, so all mine will be kids books sorry!

    1)Rick Riordan
    2)Among the Hidden Series-Margaret Peterson
    Haddix
    3)Flipped- Wendelin Van Draanen. Adorable book, told same events told from a girl and boy perspective, girl is in love with the boy and boy thinks she is crazy. So funny
    4) My favorite ever- Secret Journal of Brett Colton. Got this from desert book a few years ago, if you want to borrow it let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great series that I like are:

    1. Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare
    2. Great and Terrible Beauty series by Libba Bray
    3. Beautiful Creature series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!