Wednesday, May 22

The To Do List: Provo & Orem Edition

I'm not going to lie--I am starting to like Utah a little bit. You may be thinking, "Sheesh, it only took two whole years..." but seriously, we have found a few things around here recently that we never knew about until now (like a sweet short-cut to Orem for one...) and it has changed my outlook on living here dramatically. Not that I would want to make it a long-term thing--I'm still an east coast girl who needs the clear blue lakes and ocean--but I need to take the advice of numerous sisters in the church and "bloom where [I'm] planted." 

So I'm creating a "To Do" list, which will also be a bucket list of sorts, or basically a compilation of ideas and suggestions from people in the area (or previous residents). It can include restaurants, cafes, sights to see, or fun places. Or it can just be something we should do at a certain time of year and get a good deal (like near particular holidays for example).

What I would like from those who make suggestions are the following:

  • the name of the place
  • a summary of what it is/what there is to do (or what YOU did/ate there)
  • the general location (preferably Provo/Orem area because we don't travel much)
  • an idea of the cost (FREE, cheap, or kind of costly)

If you could give me a few ideas, I would SO appreciate it! We have just one year left here and I'm going to do my best to make it fun. So please,

Give us your suggestions! :)

3 comments:

  1. My favorite restaurant is Red Rock Brewry. I haven't ever had better root beer or cream soda. Not to mention the food is the best I've had in Utah.

    http://www.redrockbrewing.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome advice! Is that located in Orem (I can look it up, of course)? We like to go out to eat like once every two weeks or so, so that sounds like a good one to put on our list! Thanks, Forrest! Also, you're right, you need to meet my husband! (And our baby...once she's born...so weird...)

      Delete
  2. I am a huge fan of sushi as well, and my favorite and most cost effective place is "Sushi Ya" in south Orem.

    http://www.sushiyaorem.com/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!