Wednesday, May 7

Wordy Wednesday (1)

So we've established that my life is too busy to blog much in recent weeks, but to try and improve, I'm hoping to at least be consistent once a week.

Here are a few facts about me, just for fun:

1. I love almost every day of the week. 
I love Mondays because to me they represent a fresh start.
I love Tuesdays because Dalin is home with me in the evenings for once.
I love that Wednesdays are halfway through the week because I like to look back on the last couple of days and see what I've accomplished and I also like to look forward knowing that I have a few days to finish any tasks I've missed.
Thursdays are great because (no matter how much I adore every day) it's always nice to know that a week is coming to a close.
Fridays are one of my favorite days because Dalin almost always has Fridays off so it's our special family day and combined date night:)
Saturday is a special day ("it's the day we get ready for Sunday" ~Primary Hymn;) because I feel as though I generally get a lot accomplished around the house. Dalin works Saturday evenings so I have to distract myself nights by being productive.
And of course, Sunday. Sunday is a day of rest, relaxation and spiritual rejuvenation. I absolutely love going to church (though not so much at 8:30am) and feeling the spirit and trying to grow closer to my Father in Heaven. Plus, after we get to eat a yummy meal that I've carefully planned and then relax together, watch a family movie or show, and take family naps with our little Tenley.

2. I could listen to and smell rain all day. And sometimes I do (listen to it anyway). I like to play YouTube soundtracks of rain while I'm studying or writing. It makes me feel calm and happy inside.

3. I eat a lot of spinach. I'm not sure why some kids hate it--I've always loved spinach cooked or raw. Tenley and Dalin like it, too.

4. I stopped eating ranch dressing for about seven years. I threw up after eating a salad with ranch dressing in middle school and I've always attributed it to the ranch being old so I was afraid it would happen again. Just recently I realized that this was stupid and now I'm happily eating veggies with ranch again.

5. I stare at my engagement ring and wedding band every day. I love how delicate they are and they are always so sparkly rain or shine. Thankfully, Dalin's tastes have always matched my own.

6. The other day I suddenly got a huge crush on Dalin all over again. It has been known to happen from time to time ;). I don't even remember what it was this time exactly, but we went on a really fun date to a Peruvian restaurant (if you haven't tried Peruvian but want to and don't know what to get, try the "Lomo Saltado"--Can't go wrong) and I just had the best time with him.

7. I love children's books. I read Nancy Drew a couple weeks ago for fun (I like that they're clean, easy, and fast-paced, too) and I watched "Magic Beyond Words: The JK Rowling Story" yesterday and it reminded me how much I love a) J.K. Rowling, b) Harry Potter, and c) how much I enjoy reading and writing.

Anyway, that's all, folks.

Sorry for the lack of photos. (Like those even matter, right? Pshh...)

Have a splendid (wet & rainy, some of you!) day.

2 comments:

  1. I love you admitting your quirks...

    But I really stopped by this blog to say "Happy Mother's Day"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I just want you to know that I really enjoy your comments! And thank you very much for thinking of me on Mother's Day!

      Delete

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!