Tuesday, January 19

Favorite clean romantic novels

    


Here's my list of good clean romances to read. I've been really into them again lately. Many of them were read during college or even way back in high school and I may not perfectly remember how much I enjoyed them at the time, but I will do my best to provide accurate ratings. If you haven't read them and need something clean and cute to read, I'd recommend something from this list.


Quick note: I honestly like them all, so the 5-star system is kind of moot, but basically a 5-star rating means I think the book is pretty much perfection, a 4 is very, very good, and a 3 is just something to do in between finding better options.

Pride and Prejudice  - Jane Austen 
Sense and Sensibility 
Persuasion 
Northanger Abbey 
Mansfield Park 
Jane Eyre  - Charlotte Bronte
Wuthering Heights  - Emily Bronte (I love the classic romances...clearly from the first several books on this list)
Edenbrooke  - Julianne Donaldson (I LOVED this book! It is easily in my top ten, maybe even top five favorite books)
Blackmoore ★ (Still very good, but I liked the first book most!)
Austenland - Shannon Holt (Very good book. I loved the movie, but the book is quite different and definitely better)
Midnight in Austenland ★ (I wanted to rate this higher, but the bar was set so high after Austenland that I felt a little let down. Also, I was very frustrated by our protagonist. In every circumstance I would hope she'd do the opposite of what she did! It was very aggravating) 
Mistress of Mellyn  - Victoria Holt (I read this at my teacher's recommendation in high school and loved it. I just read it again recently and enjoyed it again--especially because I forgot the secrets in it)
Twilight  - Stephenie Meyer (I don't care what people say about Twilight, I think it's a cute story between two high schoolers. Maybe I'm just too easy to please. Oh well. It makes me happy)
The Host ★ (I like this even more than the Twilight series but there's only one book)
Ella Enchanted  - Gail Carson Levine (Love this twist on Cinderella. Also, the book is way different from the movie. It's really well-written)


Books I want to read:

North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell (I loved the episodes on Netflix. I hope the book is as good or better!)
Emma - Jane Austen (I don't think I've read this fully and I should probably do so at some point.)
Book of a Thousand Days - Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale (I only read the sample and wasn't super excited by it so I moved on to something else, but I'm willing to give it another try)
Princess of the Midnight Ball - Jessica Day George
Wildwood Dancing - Juliet Marillier

Truthfully, this list would have been QUITE a bit longer if my tabs with all the clean book suggestions hadn't crashed. So, I'll leave this as it is for now, but as always I LOVE suggestions!

Please comment or message them to me!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!