Monday, August 27

Back to School

Well, today was my first day at BYU. 

I had two English classes, then work, then Spanish, and back to work to help close. 

Tomorrow I have two religion classes (D&C and LDS Marriage & Family), then work, then Spanish. 

I see a pattern in the making. 

Dalin's schedule was just as crazy. He also had several transitions between work and class. 

I have a feeling this is going to be one crazy semester. But it's only three months long. And I have Dalin who I know will help me to get through it. 

In other news, I received my associate's degree from BYU-Idaho in the mail today! It was really exciting. It reassured me that I am more than halfway there. The past two years really did fly by, and I sure hope that the next two will as well. I am so ready for the next part of our married life. 

Big smiles because I have my associate's degree! Thank you, BYU-Idaho! You will always be my favorite! 
I know school and learning are very important and that our knowledge is the one thing we can take with us in this life, but it can be so hard to remain motivated. My only suggestion to avoid back to school blues would be, think of the end goal. Gain a perspective of why you are doing the things you are doing. I remind myself that I ultimately want to be able to contribute to our family income by editing books from home so that I might also be a stay-at-home mom. Not only that, but I think of my children and how I want to be the ultimate example to them. I want to prove to them that hard work and perseverance pay off. 

Yes, that sounds cliché, and yes it probably is. But Dalin and I have the goal of an eternal family in mind and honestly, nothing is higher on our priority list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!