Wednesday, August 19

I'm DONE!


Friends, sound the fanfare--I've finished!

I attended commencement and convocation last week for my bachelor's degree in English!

It was a crazy week all around with my 24th birthday on the 9th, my last final, Tenley's birthday on the 12th, and graduation stuff at the end of the week. Now I am left feeling undecided about how to spend my extra time now that homework is not a concern!

My diploma holder and white Humanities' tassel are just patiently a-waiting the arrival of my diploma and my white orchid lei from graduation is still sitting inside the fridge door and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. It doesn't seem like the type of thing that will dry that nicely, but who knows. It's hanging on our family portrait in our living room and every time I see it I pretend it's from our imaginary trip to Hawaii.


Anyway, my mom leaves Friday morning and we have been doing a whole lot of organizing and purging while she's been here. It's nice to finally enjoy being at my apartment!

Now I've got to figure out what to do with my time (besides being a mommy of course;)! Maybe the reading and painting I've wanted to do for two years!

We did, however, celebrate our FOURTH anniversary yesterday (even though it is actually today, the 19th:) because Dalin has to work this evening. It's okay though. We had an AWESOME time in Salt Lake and the sirloins/filets were just incredible. I wanted to do that little "perfection" hands emoji from Instagram just then but, alas, I can't.
We had a $150 giftcard and my mom was around to babysit on our anniversary. No brainer, and it was so much fun!
Tenley dressed herself today. Can you say divaaaa.
This was mid-fake laugh at the splash pad today.
I was so happy Tenley enjoyed it eventually. It was boring until other kids showed up. 
Anyway, this is just a tiny little update so you know what's going on in my life. I am alive though. Just enjoying my post-grad life. I'll try to post more (though possibly brief) posts more often!

Enjoy the last of your summer!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your graduation! It feels wonderful to be done, yes? I was thrilled when I was done and I was not even married or a Mama yet! Your hard work and dedication to school are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from you & will reply if I can!